Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sharing Your Testimony

Wow, I didn't realize it had been over 2 years since I had written in this blog. I had completely forgotten about it actually until I had a desire today to write a blog.

My thoughts today are focused and centered on the church and its use of the Internet and today's technology. I spend a majority of my personal study time now going through the church's websites that they have, watching the videos they create and post and reading general conference talks. It all seemed to have really begun with the Mormon messages videos they created, now they have a youth website and of course the Mormon.org videos of people sharing their conversion stories and testimonies with whoever will watch and listen.

And as I was doing this in particular today it really dawned on me how incredibly spiritually powerful these resources really are. And helped me gain a greater appreciation for church attendance as well. I thought about my mission as I listened to young missionaries from the Provo Missionary Training Center (MTC) sing powerfully 'Hark All Ye Nations' (while watching a general conference session online). The spirit stirred up powerful feelings in my heart as a flood of memories and gratitude for my mission came pouring into my mind.

What I realized is that hearing others testimonies, thoughts, insights, and comments is one of the most powerful teaching environment the Lord has created for us. And not just in regards to things spiritual, but in regards to obtaining our education and our work environments. We learn so much from one another as others share what they know and what they have learned. This is why it's so important to attend church, and obtain our educations. And this is why it's so powerful to surf the church's websites and read and watch and learn from others. It creates an atmosphere of powerful learning and where the spirit can engrave knowledge and principles upon our hearts and inspire us as we relate to others and realize, 'hey I'm not the only one who feels or thinks that way.'

I encourage all to spend more time listening and paying attention at church. Turn off the cell phones, put away the iPads, cut out the tic tac toe game with the person next to you and really listen, not just to the person speaking or talking but to the spirit, and miracles will happen. And use this powerful tool the Lord has provided us, the Internet, for good. Visit the websites and learn from others experiences and testimonies. Feel the inspiration it will give you and add to your pool of knowledge.

lds.org
generalconference.lds.org
youth.lds.org
mormon.org
jesuschrist.lds.org

No comments: